Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What is all the HOOPLA about?


This may seem UNPATRIOTIC, but I don't understand why the whole world thinks that one man is going to change the world. Yesterday I was watching the inauguration of President Obama and I was amazed at the amount of people that showed up. Mainly because there was so much hype about it and I don't remember any of this happening for any of the Presidents that have been in office while I have been alive. I can't figure out why the world thinks that he is going to be able to fix all the problems in the world. There was so much OPTIMISM yesterday and I so want to get into that spirit. But most of my thinking is that our problems are WAY BIGGER than Mr. Obama is going to be able to fix. So hopefully those 2 million people know something I don't know and all the problems with the economy will just disappear!!!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I totally agree. I don't understand either. I thought it was so weird people were saying I never thought this would ever happen. What the heck. It sounds like those people don't give America much credit.

Beck's said...

I thought the same thing. Last night in my class at BYU everyone was raving about the speech and how wonderful he is. I said why didn't he share the 120 million dollars spent on the stupid parties and balls and maybe he could have bailed out the car industry. I agree 100% with you on that..

Vanessa said...

Amen. I was ticked at the closing prayer and the double standard that will always exist.

Unknown said...

I actually didnt watch the whole deally. I hope he is able to do something, anything. We had to lay someone off just a few days ago. So even though I didnt vote for him, I hope he raises confidence. Becuase honestly, he seems like a nice guy. But he doesnt raise mine...

Unknown said...

I really need someone to fill me on what I am missing with Barack?
Everyone that is so excited for change & hope.
I just ain't seeing it.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I haven't felt warm and fuzzy yet about it all. Cute valentine back drop. I can't wait for the big 29th birthday party!! PARTY!!!
JOANN