Saturday, January 17, 2009

GROUNDED!

So it was Parent Teacher or SEP conferences this week and everytime I pick up my kids from school on this day I say " Is there anything you want to tell me before we go see your teacher?" and they usually say no. This year Kaleb's friend Ivan got in my car and said, "Kaleb is going to be in so much trouble today." So I again asked Kaleb and he told me he got in trouble for talking. So fast forward an hour as we are leaving his SEP's......KALEB IS SOOOO GROUNDED!!!

So for undisclosed reasons he got grounded and lets just say it wasn't only because he was talking to much. So we get home and Jason and I took every possession of his away. Every Christmas present, his TV, his Nintendo DS, ETC. All day Friday he sits around and does NOTHING. And I asked him at the end of the day how being grounded was. Having anything and everything that he loves taken away from him. And he answers by saying, "You didn't take one thing that I love away from me." And I am thinking, What is it so I can take it away. And he answers with, "You, snuggling with you."





How can I still ground him with that answer you ask??? EASY, I just think back on that SEP conference!!!! Hopefully we NEVER have another Conference like this again!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

He is so Jake!!! Get's in trouble but still loves to cuddle with his mom. So cute! I love it!

Shannon P. said...

Candi that made me get tears in my eyes. I remember one time Dalin getting in trouble for something and he got in my face and held it and said"how can you get made at the sweet face that you love so much?" I feel your pain!

Mama & Papa Griz said...

Candi that is too funny. But don't worry I have one kid who I got to spend 3 hours going through survalance tapes to find out who we was sluffing with the other day while he should have been in class. Trust me I am now on a first name basis with the Cop at the school and the security guard. Not so fun!

Unknown said...

Undisclosed must have been pretty bad. I had a BAD confrence last year, I always remind my kids about. Hopefully just the memory will keep it from ever happening again!