Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Race is Over!!

Yes you heard right....YOU ALL LOST! I am the first to get my christmas lights up this year! I even beat Riley who LOVES the Holidays. As my Dad has always said to me, "Your running a race all by your self, no one is competing with you" Which may be true. But for all who know me well everything in Life is a COMPETITION!!! Today while I was hanging my lights, I got off the ladder because I noticed the UPS man was coming to my house. And he said to me, "It's a good thing that you got off your Ladder because anyone hanging their Christmas Lights this early needs to be knocked off the Ladder!" And I replied with a "Oh yeah, I bet your wife wishes her lights were already hung!" Then my neighbor yelled to me as I was finishing "Your making all the men in the neighborhood look bad". That may be true but the most important thing is that I WON!!! Even if no one was competing with me!!! I really just wanted them hung before I went to FLORIDA next week so I could enjoy them when I got back, and this weekend.....THE CHRISTMAS TREE!!!

16 comments:

Riley Alexander said...

Amen. I agree 100% with the lights going up this soon. Next year, your going down.

Riley Alexander said...

By the way, are you rubbing this in just because I made fun of, and keep making fun of, and will continue to make fun of your outfit the other day?

Everyone: Be sure to ask her all about it.

Candi and kids said...

Bite Me Riley, you will never see that outfit again, and everyone DON"T ask!

Vanessa said...

Glad you won that non-existent race that I didn't hear about. I think you have also won the "I have all my Christmas presents bought" race as well. Good job.

PS, Elton doesn't do Christmas lights, so don't expect to see any from us.

Unknown said...

For the record I thought Candi's outfit was very cute!

Unknown said...

Wow... I am impressed.
I guess if I want lights this year I am going to have to hang them or enlist your help.

Outfit? Please share.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Congradulations on your BIG win! FLORIDA????????
JOANN
By the way thanks for putting anonymous back on

Beck's said...

Candy I have had my christmas lights bought for two years and jake will not hang them up. He sucks when it comes to hanging will you help me with mine. I think it is funny because last week on moms day off she wanted to borrow jakes ladder and hang her lights and I told her she had to wait until after Halloween is over. Also it wasn't Porter at Park view the poor little kid gets bussed to Barnett, but we love it. It is a good school. See ya soon.
I never heard when volleyball tryouts were so I guess I didn't make it again this year... HAHAHAHA

Josh & Kenz said...

Ohhhh Candi you are such a nut, But thats why I love ya. I must see this famous outfit. Please post pix.

Unknown said...

Candi,
you are so much cooler than me, I cannot compete...

Adrie said...

You are hilarious!!!

Riley Alexander said...

Candi, the mob has spoken. By popular vote, you better give the people what they want.

Anonymous said...

Riley we are not trying to "free frosty". Candi good job on the lights... I do have my Christmas bought so I am a head in that field. Christmas lights will never be put up on my house... I am afraid of heights and ladders and I married Scrooge.

Tikes said...

Hey Candi...what about all the people that just left their lights up from last year? You didn't beat them.

I'm just sayin'...

Beck's said...

I hope you got my message I left you. My mom got the old VHS tapes out to show the kids how to wrestle. I found all kinds of action shots. THe bad thing is our hair is so high that you can't see it all most of the time.. But I tell you we could play softball like there is not tomorrow. But with our basketball skills we fell a little short. But my mom said with the John Stockton shorts we were wearing we made up for the lack of skill...

Unknown said...

ummm....

so where are the pics from your trip?

waiting...

:-)