Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Fuel for my Fire


Ok so last Friday at around 5 am I heard the garbage truck behind my house, and I started to panic because I realized that I hadn't taken out the garbage. And I don't know about your house but at mine if I don't do it, it doesn't get done. So I run outside and take my first can out because we have two and I turn back to get the second one and it is nowhere to be found. So I run around the back yard to look for it, maybe Jason has taken it in back to clean up the yard, I know this is a LONG SHOT seems how that has never happened in 13 years of marriage, but I thought I would look anyways. So it's not there and then I have a flashback memory of a conversation that we had earlier in the week about saving money. And Jason mentioned that we could get rid of one of our garbage cans, I tell him that is NOT an option because we use both of them every week. So I go back inside and say to him ( don't forget that it is 5 am) "Jason, where is the other garbage can??" And he says "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you I had the city come get it". So I then totally freak out. "Whatever you didn't forget to tell me." I don't know if your husbands have this but it is called selective honesty. They pick what they want to tell us and leave out what they don't want to tell us. I then told him that I was glad he made that executive decision on his own. I cannot believe that he did that, after all the crap I have had to put up with for 13 years that he has done and brought here, and parked on my back lawn, this just adds fuel to my fire. I told him don't be surprised when something that you feel strongly about or you bring here comes up missing mysterioulsy.

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

WOW! How could he do that without consulting the real leader of the house first!? Shame on you Jason!

Riley Alexander said...

Candi,

Just to let you know, selective honesty, and selective hearing is in a gene, only found in men. I got J's back on this one. Take it easy on him, becasause after all, it is only a garbage can.

Candi and kids said...

It may only be a garbage can that brought this issue to the surface but it is much deeper than that! I don't suspect Jason will do that again.

Riley Alexander said...

He cant, you only have one garbage can now.

Shannon P. said...

I like you "select honesty",that is a good one. It reminds me of Charles saying he does not know who erased me recorded "Dancing with the Stars on the ". UMMMM it's not like the kids know how!

Riley Alexander said...

Shannon P, when "somone" erased that, trust me, it was for your own good.

Vanessa said...

Ri-spell check:
As soon as you start spelling perfectly, you can start correcting others! You are adding fuel to my fire!!!!!!!!!!

Josh & Kenz said...

How dare he? Ok I am sorry but that is so funny! You crack me up. Do you think Cheyenne would like to play Dance Dance Revolution with me next week?

Candi and kids said...

Cheyenne is always up for Dance Dance Revolution, but I think she would like to come play with Reggie more!!!