Monday, May 5, 2008

We've got a Beautician in the House!!!




So this morning I was awakened at the bright hours of 5am to Harley's alarm clock, and I didn't think a whole lot about it so I went back to sleep. I woke back up around 6:30 and caught a glimpse of Harley walking into the bathroom with the hood of her hoodie on. I thought to myself what is she doing, it isn't rainy or sunny in here. But I just went on about my business. I went downstairs to make pancakes for my kids for breakfast and I called them all down to eat, mysteriously Harley is nowhere to be found. So I tell Cheyenne to call my sister April and see if she came early to get her for school. She hadn't, so I noticed the front door was only locked on the bottom lock so I opened the door and looked out on the porch, and there she was sitting on the bench with her hoodie on still. So I asked her what she was doing and she said UUGH, which if you remember in her grade post was what she does when she knows she is going to be in trouble. So I grabbed the hood and pulled it back to see what the problem was and I see something I never expected. SHE CUT HER HAIR!!!! to her chin, all by herself. I was mortified, I asked her what she was thinking, and she replied that we wouldn't let her cut her hair so she did it. She figured that if she cut the length we would run her over to her Aunt April and have her fix it, but she was wrong. I told her not only would I not take her she would have to go to school with her home cut hair do, and that she would need to earn her own money to have it fixed and that she could not earn the money from me! So if any of you have any chores or babysitting you need done Harley is anxiously awaiting your phone calls!!!

17 comments:

Vanessa said...

WOW!! Good and choppy! I love the "I'm so annoyed you are taking this picture of me and going to post it on your blog" dirty look!

The Burke Family said...

hey candi
this is brianna and I just wanted to say she did a pretty good job for doing it herself. I thought it was done at a salon or something.

Candi and kids said...

Brianna,
You obviously didn't look very close and besides she had it pulled up, so you couldn't see the worst part. If you need your hair done come over and I will have her give you a cut!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Harley:
Isn't that 5 year old behavior?
Elton

Unknown said...

Harley you are really daring!!!
I hope you learned your lesson because I know that your mom is not going to give in and give you the money to fix your hair!

Heather Cervantes said...

Har Bar, I'm glad you are following in April's & my footsteps! Come over & let us teach you some techniques. We'll color and shape it up your hair and it will be the hottest looking haircut around.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I shaved my hair for the same reason. ( unfortunately I don't have pictures...Sorry) I could always use a babysitter.

Riley Alexander said...

Harley,

What is your rate to cut hair. I will need one here in a week or so.

Johnsons said...

I can't believe she cute her long hair off! I really do not look forward to the teenage years. I would have no idea what to say in that situation. I loved the way you handled it. I was laughing my head off!

Chaotic Monarchy said...

She reminds me of Kenz only it was shaving her legs at like 6 years old.

Adrie said...

That is the funniest thing ever! I can't wait for teenagers.

Colt 'n Tami said...

super cute hair!!!! wahooo i'm excited to play softball with ya!!!!! CUTE fam

Unknown said...

Am I seriously hearing, MC HAMMER!!!? Candi, you nerd!

Michelle

Vanessa said...

Michelle:
MC Hammer rocks. I went to his concert in 1992 and it was the bomb. We won't discuss Peter Cetera or Midnight Oil that you have on your blog!

Candi and kids said...

Vanessa,
I totally agree, I didn't make it to his concert but he was good back in the day!!! I did go to Naughty by Nature did you go??? Hip Hop Hurray, HOOOO, HAY, HOOO!!

Vanessa said...

I missed that one, but I did go to Color Me Badd and Bell Biv DeVoe. On the flip side, I also went to Guns-n-Roses. Boy was I crazy!

Josh & Kenz said...

Harley you should have been my child. I love your guts. Do you wan't to come over again this weekend?