Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to JoAnn!

CHILI"S and Festival of the Trees, what more can a group of Friends ask for??

Vanessa, Amanda, JoAnn and I got together last night to celebrate JoAnn's Birthday, it was a little late but still a lot of fun! We headed up to the LAKE and hit JoAnn's favorite restaurant CHILI'S. Dinner was good but the real treat was Vanessa hooking our waiter up with her sister in law. Warning: if you are single and Vanessa knows it you could have an arranged marriage without you even meeting your future spouse!! So hopefully he isn't a serial Killer! Then we headed over to the Festival of the Trees. This was a little overwhelming there was a bizillion trees to look at. We saw Samuel McClusky's tree and it was very touching. This kind of makes me sad to see all of the loved ones that families and friends have done trees in their remembrance. It makes me think of Jake and my little Zeke. But there were some pretty cool trees. The highlight of the evening was watching people, how they acted and most of all what they thought was appropriate to leave the house in. I could NOT believe how some of them were dressed. HORRENDOUS, I tell you! Any ways Happy (LATE) Birthday JoAnn!

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

HEY! I am who I am. I make no apologies about it. Thats why I'm such an awesome friend. And if they get married, I'm even more awesome. (she just has to answer the phone first.)

It was fun! And I'm with you on the attire of the evening! Pajama pants, shorty short skirts and sweats. Way to dress up people!

Vanessa said...

And I'm proud of you for branching out from Mi Ranch, Bajio and Cafe Rio.

Unknown said...

Didnt go this year. All the girly's in the family usually go, but everyone is sick or just cant. Did you see Samuel McKclusky's Tree?

Unknown said...

I ment to say, you DID see Samuel McKclusky's tree.. Thats so cool...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the party! It was alot of fun. Everyone should just dress normal like us! Right?? Thanks for being my BFF. Your birthday is next. JOANN

Riley Alexander said...

It well known fact that all the good single guys only waiter at Brick oven. Cand, am I right?

Vanessa said...

For the record, he called and they are going out next week.