Sunday, December 28, 2008

CHRISTMAS EVE 2008

Christmas Eve was very eventful this year, we started out by going sled riding at Peteeneet!!

My Nephew MAXX!!

Kaleb took on SnowBoarding most of the day, but on this run he took the GIRLS TUBE!!
Notice Har Bar is MIA! She is way tooo cool to go sled riding. Here is Chey with her normal face!! WHINING!!

Then we ventured onto the CEMETERY where we lit candles for JAKE and ZEKE!! This is something that we do every Christmas Eve and it is a very emotional time for our Family. Jake has been gone for almost 3 years and it is as painful when we go visit his grave as the day of the Funeral. I don't know if it will ever be easy, but we have to go so that we can keep him in our hearts and so that our kids will know him.

This is a picture of his headstone, I miss him so much!!! I think of all the things I would say to him if I only could have one more conversation with him. I know I will one day get to say all of these words to him!
This is a picture of Zeke's headstone, for some reason it is not as painful to go to his grave as it is my brothers, perhaps because I believe I will get to hold him again!!

Then onto much Happier moments when the kids open their Christmas Eve Gifts.... PAJAMAS!

The Kids know what they are getting every Christmas Eve as it is a tradition in our house but they still love it!!


Rian got Minnie Mouse PJ's and she literally didn't take them off for 2 days!! Glad she liked them!!

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

Looks like a great day!

Johnsons said...

Candi, I hope you guys had a great Christmas. It looks like you had fun. What a great tradition to go to Jakes grave! I can't believe that it has already been three years. It seems like yesterday. I think it is neat how hard situations like this really bring the family together. I'm sure it is such a sweet and emotional time for your family to remember him.

Beck's said...

Hey.. I am glad you guys had a great day. I love your moms hat. Jake is going to be such an example to all of all those little grandkids. It was tough but I think they all learned a really great lesson in life. He was a lot of fun wasn't he. I still remember him as a little boy. He reminds me a lot of your Tibby...

Talk to you later.. Give in and buy a new glove and we can work them in together...

Unknown said...

Your post made me cry. But then, everything makes me cry right now. I think that is a very special tradition, thanks for shareing...

Unknown said...

What a nice way to pay tribute to your brother and baby Zeck.

I think that you and everyone else in town was at Peteetneet.

Adrie said...

What a fun Christmas Eve, and I love that you guys go to the cemetary that is such a good tradition. I got teary eyed when I saw Jake's head stone he was such a great guy.
I don't know about Harley but Matt is so annoying with his Flip and he will never let me play with it either. But for sure softball, it was so fun playing with you guys and hopefully I will be a little better this year!