Thursday, February 21, 2008

Are you Stinkin kidding me????



This blog post is dedicated to Harley and PJHS. (note the color, GRIZZLY PRIDE)


So, it's Wednesday and I am waiting to pick up my oldest and sweetest daughter Harley from Junior High School and I look up on the Marquee sign and see that tomorrow is Parent Teacher Conference. And if this time is anything like last time, IT AINT GONNA BE PRETTY. So to prepare myself I decide to give Harley an opportunity to make me aware of anything I might need to know. I ask her if she has any progress reports and she replies No my teachers don't give them out. So I ask my neice Mckell, who by the way has 4 of the 6 classes with Harley if her teachers gave them out and she says yes. So I press on and she admits she has one for Math. I ask what her grade is and she replies with a UUGGHH. Which is always her reply when she knows she is gonna be in trouble. With a little more coaxing and a whole lot of THREATENING she admits that she has a "D". So I ask to see her progress report and she hands it to me and not only was it not a D, it was a big fat "F"!!!! And with my investigating skills that I inherited from my mother I question why she lied and find out that she didn't lie she had it mixed up with her English grade. Oh what a relief!! She not only has an F but a D also. Isn't parenthood wonderful? Harley is so misunderstood, and I am sure that there is a perfectly good explanation that she will share with us one day. LOVE YA HAR-BAR!!! Oh by the way Harley is now accepting applications for TUTORING, you can reach her on her cell phone. Oh yeah she doesn't get a cell phone until she goes a whole year with straight A'S. So it's going to be a while.

9 comments:

Adrie said...

I think you should go easy on her, not I would have been grounded for months. Anyways are you playing coed volleyball? Hopefully you are cause I am playing with my fam so hopefully we will be seeing you.

Riley Alexander said...

I am telling you now. Harley will end up high maintenance and marry some rich guy, and this wont even matter. I think that's her motive.

Riley Alexander said...

By the way Cand, Addi made it a point tonight that I remind you that she would like sugar cookies with pink frosting. Oh, but she wont eat them if she has to frost them herself.

Candi and kids said...

Nice use your daughter if Addi comes and asks me for cookies herself I will do it. But if it is for you there is going to have to be some serious Butt Kissing after the deflamation of my character in your v-ball blogs

Johnsons said...

Candi, she did get and A,B, and two C's, I guess it could be worse. I do not look forward to those days at all. That makes me feel a little better about the temper tantrum stage that McKartnee is at. I'll keep her here for as long as I can. I always think "if I can just make it through this phase", and It seems like the older they get the harder the phases become. Good luck, I won't remind you what we were like in Jr High/High School.

Vanessa said...

I am so sorry! I was Harley growing up. I don't even want to tell you how many times i faked sick to stay home so I could steal the failing notices out of the mail. I went to whatever lengths i could to deceive my parents when it came to grades!!! I know karma is a beast. . .and I think it is going to come back and get me! And I think it will be in the form of DILLON!!!! Hang in there!

Josh & Kenz said...

Harley is a REBEL! Next she's going to be cruising on the back of somebody's Harley Davidson with her hair blowing through the wind.

Anonymous said...

hey

elizabeth scott said...

Harley is a smart girl but a not so smart criminal.Harley if your not going to do your homework you need a better cover up plan. So you can either put the energy in the cover up or the homework. Harley doesn't need a tutor she needs a better plan.