Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rian is a Liar already!!


So my kids lie, I think most kids lie at some time or another. Rian is just starting early!! She is only 20 months old and she is already lying everyday. Some days 2 or 3 times a day. It all started with us taking the bottle away. I went to the Dr.s about 3 months ago and the Nurse Practitioner asked me if I had thought about taking the bottle away? And I said Yes, but my husband says she is too little. (He is having a hard time letting her grow up.) So after she proceeded to tell me about her teeth rotting, and all other problems that come with having a bottle to long, I decided it was time. However being the pushovers we are we decided that she could have water only in her bottle and if she wanted milk it would have to be in a sippy. Then she was waking up at night hungry so we give her a bottle at night only with milk now. Which brings me to the LYING. So when she gets really tired she cries and says "NIGHT, NIGHT." which she knows means botlle and then to bed. So lately when we think she is getting tired and ready for a nap, she will say "night, night" So we get her a bottle and lay down with her. And she will drink her bottle for about 10 minutes and then say, SEE YA or BYE BYE. As she gets down from the bed and goes to play. She totally knows how to play us and we are really going to have to put our feet down..... SOMETIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE!!! We SUCK!! And yes, that is a black eye, never leave a boy in charge of bath time, they think it is ok for a 1 year old to stand up and play around!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She even used that excuse to get out of nursery on sunday. She was having fun and then all the sudden started crying and saying night night.
She is a smart little girl!

Tikes said...

Funny...although I wouldn't call that lying...maybe just cheating, but then again, she only knows what works.