Wednesday, June 18, 2008

IN-N-OUT BURGER HERE WE COME! NOT



So the entire family was going to go camping up to Bryce Canyon for Father's Day Weekend. And as soon as they started planning the trip I just knew that we were going to die! Jason and I are not campers. We have only been once in our entire marriage. So as time went on I just figured that somehow it would fall through and we wouldn't have to go. As the week of Father's Day approached it was apparent that we were SOL and we were going to have to go. So as we talked about it and looked at the map Jason said there is only one way that I am going, and that is if we go to IN-N-OUT Burger on the way. So I replied, Is that on the way. And Jason said, "Yes it is only like 45 minutes out of the way." So I think We are troopers we can handle that. So fast forward to the night before and one of our friends clues us in on the fact that Bryce Canyon is freezing at night, not to mention that we don't own one sleeping bag. So Jason just doesn't want to go. So he makes me hop in the car and drive up Payson Canyon to see how cold it is so we can compare to the 34 degrees that we are going to be sleeping in. We drive up there and it is a balmy 58 degrees and he says "get out here and feel how cold this is" And I don't want to so we kind of fight and we go to bed not knowing if we are going to go. Long story short Jason decides to go because after all it'll all be worth it when he is eating his Double Double. So we get in the Tahoe at 8 am and start on our journey. About 1 hour into it I am dying all the kids are fighting Rian is out of her car seat. And I say to Jason so where is the map from St. George to Bryce Canyon? He pulls them out and I see that is is only 2 hours and 40 minutes from St. George to Bryce. Which turned out 3 1/2 hour trip to Bryce into a 6 1/2 hour trip. So needless to say we didn't quite make it there. Jason is bitter he feels like I tricked him and I sure I will never hear the end of it!!!

5 comments:

elizabeth scott said...

Oh aren't family vacations FUN!!!!! I didn't know you guys had a 6 hour drive??? Did you get the Burgers? I had no idea that Utah had In and Out!~ Yummm!

Unknown said...

Question?

Did you pay attention in 3rd grade when they covered Utah geography? Just wondering?

Vanessa said...

You should have called Amanda E. before you left, she could have clued you in on all things So. Utah! Those are her old stompin' grounds!

Candi and kids said...

Amanda, I didn't really pay attention to Geography. OBVIOUSLY!!

The Burke Family said...

We just got back from vacation and on our way back we stopped at in-n-out St George it was so Yummy MMMMM! Just kidding is it really that far from Bryce to St George? All I can say is it does really suck to drive any where with fighting kids even if it is 5 mins